Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I purchased the sled as a basket case. The Efi system is trashed. I could probably fix it but, parts are expensive and getting hard to find.
My local used parts guy has the carbs and cables I can buy cheap. He says that the jugs are different and I would need them as well.
The problem is that the EFI engine is completely rebuilt, sitting on the bench waiting to go in.
What should I do?

·
Registered
64 Posts
The 95 580 EFI, and carb sleds used the same cylinders. If your comfortable with doing the carb swap I'd say go ahead

·
Registered
980 Posts
The stator and CDI for a carb engine is most likely different, so I would think you'd those components from a carbed sled. A carb CDI is something that you could likely get at low cost from the aftermarket, so you could get that new instead of used.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the stator already installed. I'm not sure about the CDI box but, i'm sure I can get one. I'm having a hard time finding new spigots. I also need a muffler/can. The rest should be no problem.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What the heck are "spigots"? :confused:[/b]
The thingies thats the carbs/throttle bodies go onto. They connect the carbs to the motor. Some call them carbs boots. Some call them carb mounting flanges. Mine are both ripped and I've read that it is a problem on these sleds so, I've ordered them from two different companies and they tell me the part number has been discontinued. :whatever:
Somebodies got to have them.
Actually I don't know where I got spigots from but, It sounded right at the time.

·
Registered
980 Posts
The thingies thats the carbs/throttle bodies go onto. They connect the carbs to the motor. Some call them carbs boots. Some call them carb mounting flanges. Mine are both ripped and I've read that it is a problem on these sleds so, I've ordered them from two different companies and they tell me the part number has been discontinued. :whatever:
Somebodies got to have them.
Actually I don't know where I got spigots from but, It sounded right at the time.[/b]
OK, carb intake flanges. The carb boot is the piece that connects the air box to the bell mouths of the carbs. The EFI engines used the same flanges as the carb engines, so they should be fairly widely available. The best ones will be the ones from Cat, they will be genuine Mikuni parts, but more money than the aftermarket copies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same sled ( 1994 EXT 580 efi) The stock 'Regulator/Rectifier' (p/n 3003-875) are inadequate and do not charge at a high enough voltage, thus the inability to maintain the proper voltage at the battery. The ECU (computer) shuts-down below 9-volts-dc. Check the voltage at the battery when this 'shut down' happens. Arctic Cat Replaced 'p/n 3003-875' with 'p/n 3004-517' which charges at over 14+volts dc. 1994 efi's were notorious for this problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts