Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought this thing a few months back.. first snow fall... i was out on it..
ran great for 2 weeks. then bogged out. so i changed out the plugs.. ran great for a couple days. had it out on the weekend. for a few hours. came in the house and left it out in the yard for like 3 hours.. fired it up drove around the house and stalled out . and now i cant get it to start.

lots of spark
new plugs ( what should they b gapped at?)
full tank of gass

anyone can hlep me out let me know
thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
its always the plugs if you dont let it warm up. I have the same engine, you just gotta let it warm up for a bit then then it doesn't foul plugs. But if you dont it will foul everytime.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Normally 2-3 primes will get you going...If you are not sure if you are flooded or not pull out a spark plug and look at it...If its dry then you obviously need more fuel..If it is dripping wet then you need to hold open the throttle and crank till it starts and clears itself..I found it is quicker to pull a plug and take a look than to guess if your not sure and maybe do the wrong thing..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Older Skidoo's flood real easy. Mine, when it's COLD, 4 primes, max. sometimes, when it is on the verge of warm. if it dies, won't start, you think it needs prime, give 1 shot-instant flood. Just got to get a feel for how the sled wants prime. each sled is a little differnet.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
yes gapped the plugs 16-18thou

a)2 full primes(you feel or see the gas in the line)

b)keep primerplunger out

c)pull the crank/recoil

d)it should start 1 pull

if it goes to stall slowly PUSH the primer back in

These sled are the easiest to start

they are one pull sleds

BUT if you over prime them you are in deep doo doo :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts