Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 formula z 583. It runs fine but when I stop shut it down and let it sit it lets gas in the cylinders and it floods it out. The plugs are wet and the cylinders arer full off gas so now i have to shut off the gas everytime i stop. any solutions?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Could the needle & seat assembly(ies) in the carb(s) be worn & allowing gas to flow by it even when the sled isn't running?

·
Registered
29 Posts
That was the problem that I literally just solved. Same engine too. Took a full year to figure it out though.

For me the needle wasn't sealing so the crankcase was constantly filling with gas, even when the sled wasn't running as long as there was more than half a tank of fuel.

Does it try ripping your arm off when you pull it over??? If it does it's because it's hydrolocking. I haven't gotten my sled back from the guy I finally took it to, but hopefully we didn't cause any damage to any internal parts.

Getting the guy to completely retune the sled. Excited to get it back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sled ran really good last night but i just had to turn the gas off everytime i shut it down and yes it has been hydrolocking. Thanks for the help I will try to clean the carbs and needle and seat and see what happens.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
ripped diapram in the fuel pump?

·
Registered
1 Posts
p.s. I just went through 2 weeks of troubleshooting with this,,,new needles and seats, adjusted floats multiple times, tested fuel pump, finnally found primer pump on dash was siphon leaking by!!!!! $10 primer, end of flooding, and i mean I lost 10 gal of gas in 1 week sitting!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts