Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious, do you find a huge difference in power between the 95' mach 1 670 and the 95' mach z 800?
And does anyone know the top speed of the Mach z 800??

Thanks...

·
Registered
795 Posts
Not sure on the top speed but the Mach Z will have more top speed. The 670 has lots of torque & I think is one of the best motors built but the Mach Z will win for top speed :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
670 - 106 to 110 mph
800 - 115 to 117 mph

If you wanna go fast on a lake then the Mach Z will do it for you, but I do agree that the 670 is a nice motor, and if you ride with a buddy, think about what he or she has. You are only as fast as the slowest sled in your pack, unless you like sitting on the far side of the lake having a smoke! :tongue:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Well in a drag race both sleds would be close. Given my choice, the 670 is the better of the two, especially the HO. One of the best engines ever put in a sled, and will give current 800s fits.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured that the two would be close..But I have only ridden the 670 so I wasnt too sure, and i was in the market for the 800!!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
122hp vs 150+

but there is a weight dif so in short runs the 670 might have the upper hand

·
Registered
5 Posts
122hp vs 150+

but there is a weight dif so in short runs the 670 might have the upper hand[/b]
i have a 95 mach 1 670 it has 130 hp. most powerful and reliable 670 ever built. out on the lake mine tops out at 108 mph (on speedo, my cousins f7 says 115 and i can catch him so dont know exact speed) 670 is a great sled!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have to say first that I am very biased when it comes to the 670, and all of the RV motors Ski Doo use to produce. Certainly the big tripple is going to be faster overall....but when you factor in all the other considerations the 670 is the way to go. The are very quick, full of torque, and a twin (so less headaches). It's amazing that this motor is still giving 700's and 800"s a true run for their money even today.

Alot of guys have to have the latest and greatest and in my opinion waste a lot of serious cash. Having a nice 670 with a good suspension upgrade is truely the way to go: less cost, far more reliability, a sled that will hold it's own with the newer iron, great looks, and at the end of the day more cash in your pocket. Newer does not always mean better, and in my opinion the 670 is the way to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts