Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Starts fine 1st pull, depress throtle wide open it bogs not enough power to engage the clutch, sled wont move.
Left cylinder firing, right is flooded. Cleaned and checked carbs. cdi box ok. new plugs. air cooled

Me vary sad, any thoughts?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Buddy of mine had that problem, his sled started and idled, but bogged when he hit the throttle, wouldnt move. he checked basically everything, and found that his right cylinder had very little compression, pistion/rings were fried. Id say throw a compression tester on it and see what you get. Sounds like a familiar scenario.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If your compression is checked fine - check your jetting for the weather temp. If you have a winter jets in them, and youre running the sled during the warm days, its going to act like its running way too rich for the condition. Also check and make sure the choke isnt stuck or partly open. Anyone? WL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 87 Indy 400 did the same thing when i got it. Cleaned the carbs, set the carbs so that it ran well but it never the rpms it needed. Found out it was the choke stuck partially open and I was able to set the carbs lean enough to compensate. I would definitely look into the choke if the pressure test passes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
As the others have said, check the choke setup. If it has the cable choke, make sure the flip lever has free play when it's set to the choke being off, something like 1/8".

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
As the others have said, check the choke setup. If it has the cable choke, make sure the flip lever has free play when it's set to the choke being off, something like 1/8".[/b]

I have seen rust develop in the choke cavities and cause one choke to be stuck open, the other would work fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts