Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some in put here guys. My buddy owns a 1995 RXL Touring. While out on Lake Simcoe the other day in a Blizzard his sled was ploughing the snow. I drive a 98 GrandTouring 500 and it was floating over the snow. His machine seems to sit low in the front end. He measured it when he got home and he has 7 1/4" clearance. When I say ploughing I mean ploughing. When we stopped beside each other his RXL was burried well above the light in snow. Mine was sitting on top and just the skis burried. Coould his shocks be gone or is there some other reason his sled is running so low?

Thanks inadvance

RR

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Have you check the toe setting on his front skis? If they are toe'd in it would cause it to dig.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I would think the skis toed in or out would cause darting. I'll get him to check though. His front end just seems to sit too low. Especially when you put it next to my Skidoo. I don't remember my XLT sitting this low or burrying in the snow. I figure there has to be something wrong.

RR

·
Registered
593 Posts
My dads indy 500 also sits low like you are describing, but he still floats over the snow. Does he have adjustable front preload. If so cranking up the preload will raise the height of the sled a bit. But be careful it might not ride like you want it to if you do that.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. I have forwarded it all to my friend and see wheat he comes up with.

RR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts