Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey cats
i was wonderin if somone had a picture of one and a little info is thundercat long track or somthin i dont have a clue really

·
10,054 Posts
I think all the thundercats were 121",,, the mountain cats could be picked up with the 900 in it as a long track though,,,

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I think all the thundercats were 121",,, the mountain cats could be picked up with the 900 in it as a long track though,,,[/b]
ya Thundercat MTN cat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey cats
i was wonderin if somone had a picture of one and a little info is thundercat long track or somthin i dont have a clue really[/b]
Most of the thundercats were all 121" track until I think 99-01 when they went to a 136". They kept it a short track because they were ment to be speed sleds like the new F series is esencially what the thundercat turned into. These sleds will beat about anything on the lakes and hard pack but a longer track sled will pass it all day long in the deep powder no matter how how powerfull it is. I have a 98 thundercat and an 01 Mountain cat and thundercat wins on the lakes all day long against long track but my mountain cat will pass it like nothing in the powder. If you need any more info let me know I know a lot about thundercats and other sleds around that period.

·
10,054 Posts
I was unaware that cat ever made a thundercat with the 136" track,,, I know they were all 121" and started with the 900 motor. Then I believe it was 98 that they went with the 1000. The early 1000's were the hot ones,,, in 2000 they were not near the power as the earlier motors. Then in 01, I believe they dropped the art 800 and had only a 600 and 1000 triple,,, but I cant find a 136" stock thundercat in any of my manuals.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
The 97 ThunderCat MTN Cat came with the 1.6 inchdeep 136 track

So it was a full model at least by 97 maybe earlier

I know most Cats since 1989 you could get the MTN Cat kit

·
10,054 Posts
My point exactly, that is the mountain cat,,, not the straight thundercat. The thundercats were a 121" track,,, to get the bigger track it was an option and not standard,,,

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
It was a Thundercat MTN Cat

NOT a mountain cat kit installed on a TCat

it came from the Factory with 136

but it quite possible he got the kit

yet like I said you can get a 136 Tcat from the factory looks and smells the same but has the 136 track and maybe a little decal in the back saying Mountain Cat

·
10,054 Posts
We can also get an M8 and an F8 from the factory today,,, they too smell the same, same motor and all, but they are different sleds.
Literature from the 97 cats show the thundercat as a 121" track and if you chose the mountain cat (a different sled with the same motor as the thundercat) it came as a long track.

We are saying the same thing, just in different ways,,, no need for a pi$$ing match over it.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Its called Thunder Cat 900 MTNCat

Cat did NOT have a diferent name for that model like the Powder Special600 and Extreme,it was simply called Thunder Cat 900 MTNCat

We are not saying the same

here is a pic to prove it

[attachment=39252:Tcat_MTN_Cat.jpg]

What does that say????

Yes Thundercat MTN Cat

Looks exactly like what I said earlier

Attachments

·
10,054 Posts
""Thunder Cat 900 MTNCat""

""Thunder Cat""

The picture you posted is of a ""Thunder Cat 900 MTNCat""

The picture posted by charlo is of a ""Thunder Cat""

Both with the 900 motor, 1 sold as a long track option the other as a short track option. 2 different sleds,,,, We can sit and agrue this forever if you'd like as we ARE NOT saying the same thing,,,,
I myself will choose to let it rest,,, no need to sit and argue over something as petty as this.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Yes Charlo posted a Reg 121 95 Tcat

You then said there was not Tcat with a 136

I then said yes you can get a Tcat 136

and like I said you can not tell it apart from the 121 other then a 136 track and a small sticker

It is still a Tcat but with 136

btw the M8 and F8 are 2 totally diferent chassis and there is NO mistaken them

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
""Thunder Cat 900 MTNCat""
""Thunder Cat""
The picture you posted is of a ""Thunder Cat 900 MTNCat""

The picture posted by charlo is of a ""Thunder Cat""

Both with the 900 motor, 1 sold as a long track option the other as a short track option. 2 different sleds,,,, We can sit and agrue this forever if you'd like as we ARE NOT saying the same thing,,,,
I myself will choose to let it rest,,, no need to sit and argue over something as petty as this.[/b]
The early Mountain Cats were just track extension kis, basically, so they are very much the same sled as the short tracks. As early as 98 Cat had the Powder Specials and Powder Extremes with longer tracks, deeper lugs, and narrower ski stance. Still a very similar sled, but it could be argued that they were different, with different colours, names, graphics, etc.

Comparing the T-Cat and T-Cat M-Cat to today's M-series and F series is was off base.

·
10,054 Posts
"We can also get an M8 and an F8 from the factory today,,, they too smell the same, same motor and all, but they are different sleds. "

Where in this statement did I say that these are the same sleds?? Please inform me of this as I personally do not see it. I said they smell the same and they have the same motor but I did say THEY ARE DIFFERENT SLEDS!!!

We obviously have 2 different opinions on this subject,,, I have tried to let it rest as we are honestly getting nowhere,,,, what does it take,,,

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
You didn't say they were the same, but you're saying the the T-Cat 121 and 136 are as different as the M and F sleds are.
All Freeze is saying is that a T-Cat was available, from the factory, with a 136" skid underneath it. With a big giant "Thundercat" sticker down the side of the hood.
No need to take offence.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I see Snofrog is thinking a big track for his zert :D

check out alphasports or Brownleisureworld.com Tcat MTNcat specs

1 - 19 of 19 Posts