Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got this bomb yesterday so i dont know much about it it has no spark the key switch was disconected i disconected the teather still nothing. when i pull it the head light shows power does the stator run the headlight or is it something else that powers the light i herd a stator is a common problem with a cats. any suggestions would be great i checked all the grounds also thanks bc

·
Registered
86 Posts
you have to hook the ignitiion swithc back up and find the correct key. there is prolly a open circuit in that harness where the switch was supposed to be, or you just have a bad cdi. check these out b4 replacing stator

·
10,054 Posts
pull this plug apart,,, clean it up good, blow it out with air, hit it with some ditelic (sp) grease and put it back together,,, give it a shot

If still no spark, pull it back apart and pull again,,, if you get spark this time, you have a safety circuit bad. could be your key switch, your tether, your kill switch, your carb safety switches, or the plastic washers in your throttle handle,,,

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Also check that the wires from the cdi to the coils are connected good and the short ones from coil to coil are hooked up good. They can get loose and slip off causing no spark.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for the help i think im gonna go with the stator i tried everything suggested i took the stator out it looks pretty bad some parts of the metal around the outside seems worn down to nothing

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take the stator and get it tested to see how many ohms are in it. I just had the same problem about three weeks ago. I thought it was the stator, but there was a wire broke off in the wiring harness. Try crossing over the wire straight out of the engine with a cross over plugin. Cat is known for wiring problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts