Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '95 ZRT 800 had a slight problem on the last ride of the season when the hood foam caught fire. It wasn't very severe and we were able to drive it for 2 more days with a tie-down holding the front of the hood on. I just rolled it into the garage today to start fixing it up but the hood is in worse shape than I thought. It warped really bad along the right side. I think I need a new hood.

So my question: What year ZRT hoods will fit the '95? I know for sure the '96 will, but what other years?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
the 95-98 hoods will all work, the 99 went with the new hood style, remember, the zrt hoods are not the only ones that will fit, but you have to switch stickers paint ect. i bought a hood at the factory for my wifes sled , painted it black and put on the stickers( stickers are the worst part) but the hood looked great, i have seen the hoods done in white, and yellow ,both looked cool.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
highlandergerman, what other models are the same?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think the triple Panther and Pantera hoods from those same years will also fit.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
the one i bought was for a pantera if i remember right, the only diffrence was that it had a extra hole for a fuel gauge, we covered thid up, then the sticker went right over this spot.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Zert800, I still wish the '95 hood you had wouldn't have cost so much to ship here, would have solved a couple problems for me. I've been using a heat gun to try and bend the hood back into shape and am getting close.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts