Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this guy that has a '95 ZRT 800 and he put a new track on it last year. That same season he blew out the primary and secondary clutch. He told me that he would sell it for $500 so he can get what he paid in the track. Anyone think its worth it? I think the sled has around 3000 miles. He also said that it has Reeds and WAS clutched :0: Any suggestions??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I gather, it will cost around $500-$600 to get the clutches fixed. I already have a '98 ZRT 600 but my dad was looking into it so I thought I would check.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, even if it does need both clutches replaced or rebuilt. Even if you had to buy a $500 stator for it you are still getting it for around $1,500 total and with new clutches and a stator you should be good to go besides regular wear and tear....

·
Registered
516 Posts
well i usually see the '95 800's go for around $2,200-3,000 and if the sled is 500 and repairs around 500-600 that gives ya around a $1,000 for it so yeah it's a fair deal if there's no other major damage costs. I'd go for it ;)

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Sold mine last year for $2900 with 3000 miles on it.... I think you would be stealing it for $500... theres nothing wrong with buying something you will never lose any money on

·
Registered
516 Posts
OHHH speaking of stealing PowderBoy, hey jruppert how trust worthy is this guy is it possible he stoled the sled and just to get it off his shoulders sell it to ya cheap with of course some repairs needed. Or hopefully he's just too nice of a guy to sell it to ya cheap? ???

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha... I know what you mean greenman. No he is a pretty reputable guy. He owns a body shop in the area and I know him pretty good. Actually, its not his sled anymore. He pretty much gave it to his nephew when he bought his '99 Thundercat 1000. His nephew told me about the fact that he wanted $500 because it has a new track. I still like my '98 ZRT 600 and wouldnt trade it unless I had a Tcat1000. :D

·
Registered
516 Posts
well ya never about some people these days LOL. well thats cool sounds like a good deal then ;)

·
Registered
884 Posts
If you are not going to get the sled, I will take it! Let me know, I can be up in a couple of days with the cash!

·
Registered
886 Posts
That's a smokin' deal. You could easily make the few minor repairs it needs and sell it for $2000+ if it's in good shape.

G

·
Originally posted by highlandergerman@Oct 30 2002, 11:40 PM
you have to remember , or know just how much fun those tripples are. the motor is worth at least 500.
Worth alot more than that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts