Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sled I was looking at was a 96 Classic Touring with 3400 miles on it, the engine was rebuilt last winter. Its got electric start, reverse, upgraded suspension for $4500. I was wondering if anyone knew if this machine was reliable, is 500cc plenty of power for a machine 2 people on it and if its worth $4500.

·
Registered
752 Posts
In my opinion the price is a little high...but right now all sleds are high priced.  I am asuming that is Canadain dollars you are quoting there ? My wife rides a 98 Classic touring and she is very happy with it , yes it will haul 2 people around just fine. A dealer close to here sold an identical sled to her's last spring for $4500. There is always a difference betwwen the asking price and selling price!
What was the suspension upgraded to ?  If you want a site with the spec information send me a private msg.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just for comaprison  I just bought my wife a 2000 550 sport touring with elect start and reverse, studded track, 480 miles (true miles not disconnected) and a brand new triton xt-10 2 place trailer for $3,000. US. I believe I stole this sled from the guy, but thas what its all about, find a deal and jump fast. Can't wait till it snows !!     XCR

·
Registered
468 Posts
i think the price i a little high .i would not pay over $4000.00 canadian.i am also a canadian.i am looking at my 96 brochure .it specs out with 488 liquid cooled twin,estimated dry weight was 564 lbs,2-vm34ss carburators,steel skies,15x133.5x.82 track,ifs xtra 12 front susp.,indy select shocks,front susp travel 9.8 in.,xtra-12 rear susp,w indy select shock,11.6 in travel.,mirrors,e-z steer carbides,elec start ,rev ,hand and thumb warmers,tach and speedo.and yes it will get you around with out any trouble just don't take it to the drag strip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts