Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '96 formula 3 with 3000 miles. I am very happy with it, i used to have a 96 xcr 600 sp and wasn't happy with that at all. I was wondering what the peak horsepower is and what RPM stock. I see on '98 people say 8500 but I've run 1000' radar runs and my best MPH was at 7800, the motor
has 145 psi across all three and everything else checks out fine. Also where can I see pictures
of ideal piston wash or more of a better detail of what to look for.  I just want to thank everyone
on here because I never knew about the bearing on the PTO side of the motor till I came to this
site, I am now running amsoil. Thanks Again!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Fomula 111 flyer
            I had a96 like yours and it was very quick also,the
   peak rpm according to bombi is 8300 but i found 8500 seemd to work best.If you have access to ski-doo's racing
manual they have good pics. on piston wash,there is also lots of good set up info in this book for about 30 bucks.
                             good luck grey goat

·
Registered
171 Posts
the peak power rpm is indeed 8300 (or about 8500 on your tach). I beleive the 96 put out about 124 hp (although amsnow had a 95 dynoed at 127.4).  great sled, had one and put over 6000 trouble-free miles.  Use good oil, let it warm up and you are off to the races.

·
Registered
171 Posts
one last thing.  I found that the temp used to clim on mine if I held it for long periods.  I put in Redline Waterwetter in the anti-freeze and solved the problem.  hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts