Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96' cougar mnt cat with a 580 motor, 1.75 X 136 track and was wondering what the proper way to set up my rear suspension for deep powder/hill climbing. there are some that say "loosen your limiter straps" others say "tighten them". both of there reasons make sense, but they cant be both right can they? also, i just made a set of rear suspension drop down brackets to get 3 more inches of lift in the back so i can dig deeper before my running boards hang up on me. should i drop the front of the suspension a little also? do you want more or less approach angle? any comments would be greatly apprieciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i relocated the rear of the suspension back an inch and i lengthened the rear limiter strap some and now i have close to the right amout of sag when i sit on it (about 2") i also backed off the ski shock springs so there is only 3 threads remaining on the bottom. now i am thinking about lengthening the front limiters two inches and dropping the front of the rear suspension down into the lower hole to improve weight transfer.

ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts