Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
??? i am buying my wife a 96 ski doo formula 3 600 triple. now half the reason is because i think it looks pretty damn good and the other is because i ride a 96 zrt and she wants something that can keep up . i know nothing about ski doo except there are related to the manufacture of my jet ski and that has a rotex engine that is very very reliable so i was wondering if anyone can fill me in on the sled i am about to get her. it looks great all the buttons and whistles except electric start and reverse. 4134 miles runs very strong. thanks i am a artic cat lover but i am crossing the line!! :nervous: :nervous: :cussing:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i acidently put girlfrien in the header shhhh dont tell her !!!!!!! :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I fixed that up for ya got snow. Dont wanna see a fellow sledder suffer ;)
I purchased a brand new FIII 600 back in 95. It was a great trail and lake machine. It came with the super wide plastic skiis and the c-7 rear skid. It was a very stable machine. No inner ski lift,(flat in the corners). The c-7 is not the best skid for bump absorbition but i found that it was better in a f-body chassis than a SC-10. The ride can be improved by adding a AD boivin ETS kit. The biggest problem with the sled is the crank issue. My blew on the poor guy who bought its, 2nd ride. It was covered under warranty. I believe there is an updated crank for it and some other things you can doo to strengthen it. Overall a great all round machine. Check the Vin numbers at a dealership and find out what has been done too it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the helr with the header. and the info i think she will like it i'm going to pick it up friday night. $1500 that a good deal?

·
Registered
678 Posts
My buddy used to have one of those, he called it the purple polaris eater. :D Unfortunatly, I had an XLT at the time. :(

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
If you live in south bend you may want to make the trip to Bronson MI and visit the whitestar snowmobile auction. I was there last sat and they auctioned off over 1000 sleds. Some really sweet deals, it's the first sat of every month.

I personnally don't think she's gonna like the ride of the C-7.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts