Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 ultra sp with a hot to go 800 big bore kit. the chassis has seen better days, it was raced hard for a few years. losing alot of rivets, melted hood, torn seat, ect..
i have recently acuired a very clean 95 xlt special. i was gonna swap all the hot to go parts on to the xlt as a clean go fast machine. then put all the xlt drivetrain it the ultra as a beater.
will the coolers of the xlt handle a beefed up 800 motor?? any thing else i should know about this swap?? any bright ideas?? thx

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i have a 96 ultra sp with a hot to go 800 big bore kit. the chassis has seen better days, it was raced hard for a few years. losing alot of rivets, melted hood, torn seat, ect..
i have recently acuired a very clean 95 xlt special. i was gonna swap all the hot to go parts on to the xlt as a clean go fast machine. then put all the xlt drivetrain it the ultra as a beater.
will the coolers of the xlt handle a beefed up 800 motor?? any thing else i should know about this swap?? any bright ideas?? thx[/b]
if not ,you could add a tunnell cooler from a 2001 sks or similiar machine.they have add ons for the xc-sp with m-10 also.they had overheating issues.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had no idea about the motor mounts, i thought most of the liquid triples were the same? thx for the help ill look into to it deeper!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is this a different mount location on the motor or the chassis?? perhaps i can fabricate a mount to move it to the proper location? seems like it shouldnt be this hard to do??
any ideas??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts