Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:doh: :0: ??? o.k i checked over the mounts with a fine tooth comb, here is the only thing i could find that looked wrong or bad. could thiis be causing my belt's being ate up and the squeking noise. and if so now that i found the little crack how hard is it to replace a moter mount can it be done without removing the entire moter or is it a real task thanks in advance. ZR WHAT DO YOU THINK? oh yea the other sled is going in first thing tommorow morning. oh yea it is the mount next to the side where the squeek is coming from. but looks very accesable by only removing the exhaust

Attachments

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
That would make sense since your sled was OK one minute and not the next. The mount is a pretty straight forward job, once the exhaust is out of the way it won't be a big deal, just a little time and some elbow grease. You can price the mount on Brown's, I wouldn't try for a used one since they are so prone to breaking.
Hey things are looking better by the minute, you know more about it than you thought.
Rick.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it doesn't look hard i just was'nt sure how hard it would be pulling the engine back over would be? hate to say it but seems to simple . also i looked at the other one and found the wire going to the stator was very loose so once i get the new throttle cable fixed maybe she wont be so bad either.. looking up for me once again. anything i can do to help those week moter mounts. i checked the other zrt and it looks as if one was welded back together at one time.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I'm sure a torque arm would help but then again once its replaced its likely good for some time.
As for the one that was welded, if funds will not allow replacing it as well at least either buy a clutch alignment bar or take it to someone and have the alignment checked. It makes a big difference on how your clutches work,your sled performs and of course belt life. An ounce of prevention/pound of cure.
Rick.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I just checked on Brown's, the two front motor mounts have an updated part number which I suspect is likely a stronger design. They don't cost much making it affordable to do both machines.
Rick.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:thumbsup: ok. that answers my next question then i will not weld this moter mount and put it back on. like they did on the other. i guess being cheap is why all my buddy's and there wifes arde riding buy my house on there sleds and i am inside watching movies. thanks once again. wish you lived on the other side of the boarder maybe we can meet for a ride sometime. around the bridge have a good day zr

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Did you check the other mounts for similar problems? Grap ahold of the clutch and pull upwards plus back and forth to be sure.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Like I said before, new sleds break to. My 02 ZR-800 had its fair share of problems for a new sled last season.
Rick.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:thumbsup: yea i pulled on it up down , ext and it doesnt seem to move, also it looks like the moter is positioned where it is supposed to be.does the moter move when the clucth engages. i think i for-see an answer as yes? this cluth bar you speak of where can i get one of those locally you think. and what do i do with it when i get. i figure more questions now the less when the next snow comes....(oh yea ZR sent me....)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The alignment bars should be available from most dealers or mail order house. No need to buy a big dollar one such as the sled-pro, nice unit but a little pricey. Yes when the clutch engages it would be prone to opening up the crack. Are the other mounts OK? If you can't find one locally look up Royal Distributings web site, your usd goes along way in Canada plus they are very reliable to deal with.
Rick.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey Zr sled head,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what kinda problems did you have with your 02 zr?????

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Sit down and get comfy its a lengthy tale but all true,

-front skid shock failed/rebuilt/replaced several times
-front dial adjust shock replaced with Fox Unit (all except the dial)
-dial replaced after it covered me in oil
-rear shock failed rebuilt/replaced several times
-servo motor erratic operation
-servo motor finally seized up
-reed stuffers swollen up holding the reeds open making it hard to start hot.
-fuel line in tank swollen and finally closed off fuel supply
-major fuel leak due to fitting falling out of the tank
-spark plug caps failed, caused plug fouling/dropped cyl from time to time
-needles and seats replaced in both carbs to hopefully correct an ongoing rich condition at low speeds and dropped cyl at idle
-all but two skid wheels replaced due to rubber separation/warped wheels
-wheel bearings replaced in last two wheels-seized
-servo cables replaced-binding
-hood replaced as it was poor fitting and poorly finished
-decals on the belly pan replaced several times, fell off and are falling off again
-decal on the rear of the tunnel replaced-fell off
-recoil updated with loc tite
-recoil replaced
-recoil replaced again
-stator replaced when parts from broken recoil took out the stator
-recoil replaced again after updated one broke into pieces on first start
-sled is still in the dealer with rear shock failure awaiting pending update from AC
Other than that its been great, no problems.
Rick.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Check out the number of my last post
.............666 (sign of the devil).............
Kind of fitting don't you think? :(
Rick.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts