Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 zrt 600 .at the rear of the seating area where the flat meets the back the seams are riping out and i would like to know if this is a common problem or am i the exception the reason i ask is i`ve found a few used seats in reportedly very good condition for my sled for around a hundred buck`s dennis kirk has seat covers for around eighty bucks and factory new is like three hundred .just want the best bang for the buck i dont want to get a used seat and have it rip out any time soon ??? as well i dont know how grippy the aftermarket cover is or its durability.the only time it sit`s outside is on sled trips up north total mabee 20 day`s a year the rest of the time it`s in the trailer or my garage thank`s for any input.snofrog

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Well about all I can say is Arctic Cats seat design and quality is about the poorest out there. My 00zr started to rip after one year. Brought it to a local upholstrey shop and we took it apart the is sharp plastic right under some of the presure points. Also the stitching is not very tight. Of the three ACs I've owned 94, 97 00 all three have ripped seems. I would either have your seat repaired or go with an aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
on my 96 zrt 800 the seat did the same thing, It had just started, so i got cheap, i purchased a hooked needle and thread, and proceded to stich it back up, then i put a few threads on the other side to make sure it would hold. this worked out great, i did not want to loose the seat that said 800 on it so going with a cover was not an option.

A

·
0 Posts
My 96 ZRT seat is still in brand new condition but my ex-98 ZR600 that's another story. I went through 3 seat covers in one year, all warranty thank God.

·
Registered
757 Posts
My '96 is doing the same thing. I agree that they aren't the best quality but it could be worse (remember the older Phazer/Exciter seats?) For the past 3 seasons I've dabbed it with Shoo-Goo making sure it gets inside and out. Before it dries solid rub it with something to take the shine away.
This is a good band-aid but I'll probably need to do something different, eventually. A ripped seat is not an option.
How hard is it to take the cover off to have it sewed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts