Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody has any feedback on whether these are good sleds or not. Any complaints regarding performance/reliability? I have a line on a few and would like some opinions before I jump in. I mainly ride trails but do venture into some deep stuff once in a while. Thanks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have a 01 700 MM. I bought that one due to watching a crazy logger trash and abuse his 00 700. never does anything to it, rides it wide open, rolled it, fliped it and still ticks like a watch.

something that they do, the low oil light will come on dimly, like a short or something in cold weather. I ask Yamaha about it, but no notices. his does it and so does mine.

go to www.mountainperformance.com]mountain performance[/url] they have all kinds of hot stuff for these sleds. The track approach on the 97-99 is like 25 degrees, the 00 and up are 17, but they do have chain roll case kits to get them down to 10 degrees front track approach. I would find a 00 or newer, I believe from what I read, they handle better, seperate thumb grip warmers, heated carbs for real cold conditions (my 01 has it, I don't know about 97-99) they are just more refined. They do get great gas mileage.

They are not the fastest stock mountain sled, but they handle good, its climb outrageous hills (more than anything I would want to handle) great throttle response with the triple tm 33 mikuni's and nice deep paddles. In fact I just put reverse in mine.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
98 and up Liquid Yamahas have heated carbs:)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Even before that, My 87 exciter had heated carbs! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks paul. That info helps alot. I was just beginning to wonder because there seems to be quite a few available in my area. I think I'll go for one though. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts