Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 1997 Indy Touring with the 488 in it. I have only one problem with it, its getting the darn thing started. When I try to start it I have to pull the plugs 2-3 times and dry them. I was told by a dealer that it was the jet needle or something like that. Just looking for a solution.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Sounds like you need to start at the begining,
-pull the carbs off and clean them, good idea to throw away the jets if there is any sign of build up or corrosion. If needles and seats are replaceable buy them as well. Assemble carbs, don't overlook checking/setting the float levels and checking the chokes for both adjustment and proper movement. Good time to change the fuel filter and add fresh set of plugs, plug caps are also a good idea if original or have high miles. Start er up and check from there, chances are all your problems just disappeared and it didn't cost you a fortune to do.
Rick.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My Indy 500 does the same thing on me if I forget to turn the gas off ???. I should do what zr said, but other than that she runs awesome. Just don't forget to shut the gas off at long sittings. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts