Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY WIFES 97 JAG 440 FISHTAILS THE REAR END AT
40-50 MPH
THE TRACK HAS 96 STUDS
FRONT SHOCKS DON'T HAVE ADJUSTABLE PRELOAD
I DON'T SEE ANY ADJUSTMENT IN FRONT LIMITER STRAP
WHAT TO DO? SHE SAYS FIX OR BUY ME A NEW MACHINE!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FIRST I HAD 4" THEN THIS LAST YEAR WENT WITH 6"
SAME RESULTS WITH BOTH.
SKI ALIGNMENT HAS BEEN CHECKED OUT TO BE STRAIGHT

EVERYBODY SEEMS TO THINK TOO MUCH SKI PRESSURE AND
NOT ENOUGH TRACK PRESSURE?

A

·
0 Posts
Tell ya what Boon, call Mark @ Lewiston Motor Sports 989-786-8800 and give him an ask.  He will not lead ya wrong.

A

·
0 Posts
Boon, did you try adjusting the front shock on the rear suspension?  There is adjustment there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WHAT WAY TO ADJUST FRONT SHOCK
LOOSER, TIGHTER?
SOMEBODY SAID LOOSEN FRONT LIMITER STRAP
BUT SITTING STATIC THE STRAP HAS SOME PLAY ALREADY
LOOSEN MORE?
WHAT IS THE EFFECT HERE ANYWAY?

A

·
0 Posts
Loosen up the shock.  By being tighter it is adding pressure to the front end.  If you loosen up the shock you should make that strap tight relieving ski pressure.

·
Registered
900 Posts
My wife rides a 97 jag 440 and does not have this problem. there is no control for the front shocks and we have rear skid set for 120-130 lb rider with no darting or tailing. Only thing we added to her sled were skins up front..Steve

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Buy a new sled, give her yours. Simple enough for me!

AL

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are u trail driving?If u are STUDD that puppy,it will take the fishtailing out.I had a 96 xcr 600 it was fishtailing so i studded it and it took it right out.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
ArcticZRT600, I think you have it wrong. What he needs to do is INCREASE teh preload on the front skid shock. This will put more pressure on the track.

Boondockit, try turning up that spring, you should see teh limiter strap get tighter. I'd tighten it up until it starts to push in corners, and then back it off a little. That will put the maximum amount of weight on the track possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts