Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any good set ups, I will be running it in 1000' ft radar runs on ice this winter, the sled is STOCK with 192 ice picks, I weigh 220, any idea what it might run in 1000' as far as MPH?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to haydays in a couple weeks to look for clutching stuff and other miscelaneous parts any help on clutching ideas would really be appreciated.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry guys that I keep reposting but I have never owned a triple and could really use the help or knowledge from you to help me set this thing up, two guys I know 1 with a ZRT 800 and the other with a T.cat say I won't touch them with my new '97 Mach Z, I HALF TO BEET THEM, so please any helpful ideas on clutching for 1000' radar runs, Thanks  

·
Registered
19 Posts
Although i myself am currently looking for a better setup, I'd think based on your traction and weight, start out with something like a 230/320, or if just dragging 250/350, with 18 to 19 grams in primary with a straight 50 set on a or b 6 with the standard beige spring. If its a complete stocker you have a 200/290 pri with the 16g pins, and your secondary is a 47 on b6 I think., which in itself is not a bad setup, with proper jetting the stock setup should put a guy your weight around 112 or so in 1000 on a well setup Mach. If you were a little lighter I'd say gear up one to a 27/44, or if you were heavier gear down to the 25/44. the 230/320 18.6g w/50deg 25 cam 25/44 gear is what I've had the best luck with, but I weight 265. Good Luck

Z

·
0 Posts
Again,  a lot of variables in clutching.  Driver Weight,  Altitude,  and temp all effect it a great deal.  With that in mind here is a good baseline setup.

Primary-
230/380 Pink/White Spring
286 Ramps
19.5 grams Pin Weight

Secondary-
Black Ice 44/40 Helix
Beige Spring
B-5 Setting or about 21lbs

Gear is another big variable.  I would start with the 26/44 gears,  and test.  Then I would try 25/44 to see if the results were better or worse,    than the repeat the same test with a 27/44.      In some 97's  for 1000 Runs,  I have even used a 25/43 with excellent results.   So again,  it takes a lot of test and tune to find what your sled, really responds to.

Again,  there are other factors which should be included into this decision making process,  but this is a good baseline to start with.

I would add V-Force Reeds and Bore the Flat Slide Carbs to 40.2 if possible to pick up a bunch of top end speed.

ZMachMan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts