Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this sled at the beginning of the season and had a lot of work done to it.  I had the carbs totally gone through, synced, new trottle cable, re-jetted, new clutch.  I took it up and it ran great for a half day.  Now it cuts out at about 6500 to 8500 rpm.

Thinking maybee the coil or fuel pump.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Your going to have to give us a little more info. than cutting out between 6500 and 8500.  Are you riding in the Mountains, What do you mean by a new Clutch, Clutch Kit?  Please give us some more info. so we can help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I ride in the mountains at 9000' to 11000'.  I replaced the primary clutch and it is set up to engage at about 4000rpm.  It runs great at idle and the low end but when I hammer it bogs and cuts out.  I cant decide if it is electrical or a fuel system problem.  I check my plugs periodically and they are perfect.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
884 Posts
What size Main Jets are you running???  Did you just Replace the Spring in the Primary Clutch?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will get some more information on what they put into it.  But the guy that worked on it is very meticulous and am sure the carbs are set up right.  I test drove the sled fresh out of the shop and it was running awesome.  They replaced the whole primary cluth with the 9 stage clutch and it has a orange spring in it but I am not sure about the weights.  It has very good low end and that is all I am concerned with.  

I also wondered about the altitude compensating system and have heard about the switches on the carbs that some people are jumpering together what is this all about?  I don't understand what they are supposed to do?

As you can probably tell I am no mechanic but I am eager to learn as I have learned a lot since finding this website and reading all forums.  Really appreciate the feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts