Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are trying to set my buddies 97 T-cat. It is ported and piped. Any help would be great.
Any clucthing and gearing suggestions to get this sled to go. He''s tired of looking at my
97 900 Machz rear lite. I belive this sled has the get up and go.

Thanks for any suggestions  

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, try this:
Gearing = 25/38 72 pitch chain.
Drive Cl. Spring = Black Magic #70-1125
Drive Cl. Cam Arms = Black Magic #70-2064
Driven Cl. Spring = Black Magic #70-1331
Driven Cl. Helixe = Black Magic #75-6254
Black Magic Drive Belt = #70-1388
Of course before you do any clutching you must varify that your eng. has good compression !!

Auggie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response The motor is new--maybe 300 miles

The sled pulls strong from the start and mid range then just stops pulling and coasts
We are thinking the gearing (stock) is to tall and may drop two teeth and see what happens.
 We have tried the 62/40 helix- pulls strong, falls off right after midrange. Tried a 66/48 and
it loads the motor to much at start but once it gets going it really pulls better.
We may try a 60/48 and hope its the cure.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
HI MACHZER: MY BROTHER RUNS THE SAME SLED. U SHOULD LEAVE THE STOCK GEARING IN. MAKE SHURE U HAVE A GOOD TRACK PREF.AN 1 1/4 A GOODWIN CLUTCH KIT REALY DOES WORK IN THIS SLED.ALSO THE UFOS REALY HELPED A TON ALSO.IF U DONT WANT TO RUN A CLUTCH KIT THEN RUN A 53* CAM A GREEN YELLOW UP FRONT AND YELLOW IN THE SECONDARY.THE WEIGHTS SHOULD BE AROUND 56GRAMS BUT U WILL HAVE TO TEST IT. MAKE SHURE U SPIN IT AT 8500 RPM.THATS WHERE THE JUICE IS AT.AND CHECK FOR BUSHING FAILIURE IN THE BOTH CLUTCHES CAUSE THEY ARE FAMOUSE FOR THIS WITH HIGH TENTIONED SPRINGS AND STEAP ANGLES ON THE HELIX. THIS TOO WOULD GIVE U EXACLY WHAT U HAVE DISCRIBED HOPE THIS HELPS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts