Snowmobile World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys , thought i would pull my carbs check float bowls and see what jet sizes i have.
I can't figure out how to remove the lower half of the air box? I t seems to be wedged between the steering shaft and the carbs. Do you pull the carbs out and up with the box? I didn't want to dothis way because of all the belt and dirt down there.

Thanks for any help you can give. ebgb68

·
Registered
660 Posts
MAN o MAN, How I hate to remove these airboxes.

I use to do it by disassembly like you are trying, but I have a more simple method that saves alot of time now.

1. Remove the throttle cable from the throttle. (trust me, even if it looks like it will fit through, it won't)
2. Remove the 2 bolts on the top of the box and move the choke cables out of the way.
3. Now, pivot the whole airbox forward facing the engine, then lift up about 3/4 inch.
4. Now, with it lifted up about 3/4 inch, pivot the bottom of the box away from the carbs, moving the PTO side out first.

Works everytime and you don't have to disassemble the entire box - less chance to damaging the foam between the two boxes.

Your jets should be 360-380-380.

Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply....I'm going to try that in the morning.
I want to try your "tune up" on this machine. I went trail riding last weekend and found that dreaded flat spot at 4900 to 5500 . I think half the day was at this rpm!

If you have any added advice please email me please.
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
MAN o MAN, How I hate to remove these airboxes.

I use to do it by disassembly like you are trying, but I have a more simple method that saves alot of time now.

1. Remove the throttle cable from the throttle. (trust me, even if it looks like it will fit through, it won't)
2. Remove the 2 bolts on the top of the box and move the choke cables out of the way.
3. Now, pivot the whole airbox forward facing the engine, then lift up about 3/4 inch.
4. Now, with it lifted up about 3/4 inch, pivot the bottom of the box away from the carbs, moving the PTO side out first.

Works everytime and you don't have to disassemble the entire box - less chance to damaging the foam between the two boxes.

Your jets should be 360-380-380.

Good luck!
Hi, regarding step 1. Do you remove throttle cable at the carbs or at the hand throttle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts