Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I'm wondering if anyone knows the torque spec for the reverse gear, I changed all my bearings and reinstalled, now the reverse gear is sticking and not working smoothly as it did before, is there a tourque setting when tightening the nut that holds the gear ontop of teh spring?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Sticking, not working smoothly as in while the motor is running, or as in sitting there just moving in and out of reverse?

The bolt you're speaking of should be tightening down on that shaft, should have no bearing (excuse the pun!) on how the mechanism shifts? The bolts can be a source of trouble, but usually only if they break off or loosen and back out on their own (creating this perfect hole in the outer cover).

If the motor is running, then maybe the idle is a little high, which can load the mechanism, making it difficult to shift. The clutch must be fully released prior to shifting.

If the motor is not running, then possibly the teeth on the gears are not lining up properly. They are not synchronized at all. If they happen to be indexed tooth to tooth, no shift that way either.

To test properly, the rear of the sled needs to be up with the motor idling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts