Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front shock and shock holder in my wifes 583 just came unglued. It looks like the bolts in that shock holder axle just sheared off. Any one else ever had this happen? Hopefully when I replace that will be good, just want to know if I should be looking for anything else.
Thanks
Z-RIDE

·
Registered
43 Posts
The front shock and shock holder in my wifes 583 just came unglued. It looks like the bolts in that shock holder axle just sheared off. Any one else ever had this happen? Hopefully when I replace that will be good, just want to know if I should be looking for anything else.
Thanks
Z-RIDE[/b]
I had that happen with my sc10 as well except it was the top mounting point of the front shock that sheared off the top of the a-arm. I took it apart and welded the tabs back on and have had no trouble since (I now check it religiously). I just attributed it to abuse from the previous owner and maybe a bad set of bumps on the trail that torqued it just right

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I cant blame it on previos owner ha ha I know how we ride.... But, it bent the two arms that go back along the rear shock also, can I straighten those or should I order two more?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts