Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about getting a 97 zr 440. its it dependible?  is 2600 to much. and will the suspention be better than my 99 xcf and it will be faster right?

·
Registered
442 Posts
yes the 97 ZR 440 is a dependable sled just as long as you keep premium gas in it or you jet it richer about two sizes.  i know of a guy that has over 5000 miles on a 97 ZR 440 with out any engine work whatsoever.  If its in mint condition 2600 sounds about right and you wont be dissappointed.  As for the handling you'll never want to touch the XCF anymore because it is just that much better.  and yes the ZR will be a lot faster than an XCF that 440 will keep up with todays 500's and 600's of a few years ago

·
Registered
6 Posts
hay I own one and leaned mine 3 jets so I dont know why some one would say richer.  to keep up with the 600s you need to run lean and learn your carbs. great sled light and nimble tight suspention and runs with the best.

·
Registered
442 Posts
maybe around your neck of the woods it was okay to lean the jets out a few sizes but around here i know what jets have to be run, it just depends on temp, elevation, and how long you plan to have it pinned

i dont just increase jet size to keep the tree-huggers active, i do it for a reason

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes it is a good sled the only thing that iv've everyridin with out engine problems.  

they have good suspension to if it has the fox shox

just don't crash at 110kph and fly 108 feet like me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts