Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I would like to say hi to everyone, I just became a member to these forums.
Now the question..:), Any ZRT 600 owners out there find your machine to be kinda doggish when taking off fast from a dead stop or even while goosing the throttle from a very slow speed? It doesn't bog, it just doesn't excellerate as good as I think it should. As soon as I get moving, the thing has awesome power and ecelleration. I had just bought the sled in like new(952 miles) condition. I am not sure If they are normally like this stock from the factory?
Any suggestions on what I can do to make the acelleration on the low end as good as the rest of the ride would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking reeds, if so, what kind and what model? Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Ok, first of all, how is the condition of your belt?  Have you cleaned the Carbs?  Check the clutch allignment, and also check out your bushings and rollers in the clutches, they might need replaced.  We have one of these sleds the same year with a little over 7,000 miles on it and the thing still runs very well.  Never touched the motor!  Good luck!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a '98 ZRT 600 and have noticed plugs can cause this also. Try replacing your plugs. At $6.00 it's about the cheapest and easiest repair, and if that's not it, you have a spare set.

·
Registered
5 Posts

First off, welcome to the "race".....  ( the human race )  A LOT OF  ARCTIC CATS SEEM TO BE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THEIR PRIMARY CLUTCHES.....  CHECK YOUR PRIMARY CLUTCH WEIGHTS FOR "NOTCHES / GROOVES" WORN IN THEM FROM THE ROLLERS... THIS AFFECTS LOW END- ( SLUGGISHNESS, ETC.)  ALSO CHECK THE PINS AND BUSHINGS IN WHICH THE WEIGHTS ARE MOUNTED - SIMPLY DONE BY MOVING THE WEIGHT(S) BACK AND FORTH ON THE MOUNTING-PIVOT PIN(S). THIS IS VERY EASILY VIEWED WITHOUT REMOVING THE CLUTCH, AND REPLACEMENT CAN BE DONE BY REMOVING THE OUTER PRIMARY CLUTCH COVER (  6 THREADED BOLTS ) , AND THE SPRING.  YOU CAN SERVICE THE WEIGHTS IN THIS MANNER IF NEEDED.  ALSO REMOVE THE CARBS AND THE PILOT JETS ( NOT THE MAIN JETS) CLEAN THE "GREEN JUNK" FROM THE PILOT JETS, AND REASSEMBLE .....  MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE TRACK CROSS-SHAFT BEARING JUST BEHIND AND BELOW THE SECONDARY CLUTCH !! THIS CAN WEAR OUT AND CAUSE A HELLACIOUS BIND 'TIL YOU GATHER SPEED / MOMENTUM........
I  HOPE YA FIND YOUR PROBLEM - LET US KNOW AND LET IT SNOW !!!!  ( BEGINNING MY 31ST YEAR OF RIDIN'-AND STILL GETTIN OFF THE PORCH TO RUN WITH THE PUPS&#33

PLEASE SEND SNOW TO JANESVILLE, WISCONSIN
??!!!!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ha, I think the reason it is slugish is that it is a 600 triple.
mine is pretty bad on take off , It a go like a bat out of he11 after about 25-30mph with the throttle cracked and I can usually spin the track 20-30ft  but that is probly cause the suspention isn't set.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Like enduringexplorer said try plugs first it is definetly worth the money. My brother in law has 99zrt800 that was doing the same thing as your sled, he changed plugs and what difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts