Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
zrt 600 will not idle,

i took my carbs apart and re jetted and cleaned. i put in jet size 340, it had in it 370. it runs great as long as i hold the throttle after it is warmed up let off the thottle and it quits.i have turned idle speed screws all the way in and nothing.i have my air screw set at 1and1/2 turns out from seat.is it those magnetic swichtes on the carbs?what would cause it to quit at idle but runs great if you hold the throttle? thanks for any help. leaving saturday the 19th for NH.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Check the Magnet switches on the carbs, had the same problem with a 2 Cyl. Cat.  Did you take the carbs completely out of the sled?  If so, I know this sounds stupid, but did you get them back together the same way they came apart?  First place would be the Magnets though, good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Make sure you adjust the barrel slides at the bottom not wide open.
Lossen your jam nut and turn swivel untill barrel bottoms out.
Then turn untill you see a slight upward movement and stop.
Repeat for the other cards.
Hold carbs wide open and turn idle screws in 2 turns and at this point there should be an 1/8 of an inch in your throttle lever for the switches to work properly.
Your chock lever should have an 1/8th free play also.
If not rotate each carb swivel equally until free play is 1/8th.
Make sure all carbs open at the same time.
Then adjust to proper idle on each.
Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the ideas,

it was the magnetic swichtes.ifound out how to bypass them and it runs great. still would like to know why they wouldnt work, or how the magnetic system works. i did take the carbs off the sled and took apart and cleaned, i thought i put  everything back correctly. guess not.does anyone know how this system works. tHANKS.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You should really go back and do the procedure that catscratch described.  You'll probably be safe with the bypass 99.9% of the time, but why take the risk?  I have had a frozen slide before, and let me tell you...it's no fun...it's hard to react fast enough when the sled takes off on you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It should be fine without the switches, but I'd use a tether. I make sure to always have mine connected after I had the throttle stick on and 800 mod sled. Didn't use the tether cause I was just moving the sled. That really gives you some excitement I'll tell you that...lol.

Josh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts