Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking over my sled before a ride and noticed that the secondary clutch is able to move back and forth on the shaft about 1/8".  Is that normal?  I was thinking not, since I've seen a few posts on how important clutch alignment is.  I've noticed that when I take off you can feel it slap one way or the other and can remember this happening last year after I bought it.  It is not a violent slap, but I can feel it.  The bolt is tight and it is great on belt wear.  I put on about 1000 miles last year like this and now I can't help not thinking about it.  I did have it off this summer to put on a new track and I put back any shims in the exact order that they were removed, but like I said, this was happening last year.  Any input appreciated.

Popeye

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
It's normal, the shaft should be cleaned and lightly greased
when you grease the zerk fitting on the jackshaft bearing. The pulley has to be removed to get to this zerk, I usually clean it when I do that. Thinking end play is to allow for self alignment. Honestly I have never had a problem of any kind with alignment. Belt life has been very good on every Polaris I've owned.
AL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks michahicks, I will ride with peace of mind if we ever get snow again here in Wisconsin.  I see your from the UP.  How are the conditions in your area?  I've heard there's been a million people up there every chance they get.

Popeye

·
Registered
30 Posts
The end play is normal. All my Polaris sleds have it. Also you will get some play on the keyway. That is normal also. One of my tripple sleds has over 8000 miles and I just run it that way with no problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts