Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out last weekend and my "98" ZR 600 efi wouldn't power off the line like it should.Its a fuel problem!! New belt and plugs ,even changed plugs again and the same response.At5 grand going down the trail you hit it and it will pull the skis off the ground,but at a dead stop it like bogs down.Any info would be real helpful.Of by the way the other thing I did was took off the gastank and seat but the fuel lines are hooked up the right way.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I had a sililar problem with a 98 PS600 (see eariler post)

I ended up inspecting all of the wiring and found the TPS (throttle position switch) connector came unplugged, and the ground wire to the computer had broke off.  I strapped the TPS connector plugs together with a cable tie and soldered a new wire on for the computer ground.  You can access this wiring by removing the console where the fuel pump is (under the key).

We are taking it for a rip this evening to ensure it is fixed.

newf

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could be the low speed stator coil. You have a low and high speed stator coils. I had the high speed coil go out on mine with only 2300 miles on it. Dealer covered it even though it was way out of warranty. when it did it, sled did not want to go over 50 mph. I limped it home, shut it down and could'nt get it started again. Had no spark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts