Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone any opinions on the ARC suspension SKI-doo offered in 98 and 99 on the Formual Z 670.

I was toying with the idea of picking up one but a fella just told me that he heard these suspensions were very hard to set up and not very good for the trails. I was actually looking at it because I thought it would make a good trail sled.

Ski-Doo had offered these specifically with the trail rider in mind or so I thought. I ride 90% trails although the way our winters have been as of late washboard is more like it. My sled nearly did me in last year. Its time to move up a bit.

I don't jump or ditch bang, I'm just looking for a tight comfortable ride when the trail gets rough.

Have a great day!

Scott

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have a 1998 FZ 670 with the ARM/ARC suspension. I really like it. It is made for a rider just like you. Its made for the trails not a snow cross track. It rides really smooth on the trials until you get into big stuff. My friend has an SC-10 with an ETS kit on it and my sled is twice as smooth and hooks up just as well too. I wouldnt hesitate to buy it, its designed for your type of riding.
Ryan

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 99 fz 670 excellent trail suspension for the type of riding you do. I put in the Boivin spring upgrades and it will even rock & roll when you what it to. Generally a much more plush ride than an SC10 2 or 3 !

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ditto what has been said. I have a 97 fz583 with that skid. I have yet to ride a sled that picks up bumps better than this sled. No, not great for ripping through moguls but really nice for medium rough trails. I find that the stroke through the suspension travel is really progressive and from my motorcross experience you want to utulize the full stroke of your suspension to maximize its usefulness. This suspension uses the full stroke well. Make sure you have the right springs for your weight.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Well did you buy it? Any more questions? Let us know!
Ryan

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input.

Sounds like I can't go wrong with the 670 Z. Now I just hope the sled I have in mind is as "mint" as they say and I can work out a deal.

When I was looking for my last sled I went out and saw alot of "mint sleds" that turned out to be less than mint, actually less than good. One was even bent in the tunnel and had been stored outside uncoverd for 9 years without use. It only had 800kms on it but it was rough. When I called he said it was mint, only 800 kms first year and then put in storage, he missed the part about stored in the back yard, pecked by birds, ate by mice, marked by the dog, jungle jim for the neighbourhood kids and baked by the sun.

Have a great day!

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts