Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never raced anything worth wile with my mach,Its funny how everybody goes home when the big guns come out.To bad the snow is gone know i have to listen to him all summer about how he is gonna (get my mach) oh well i will let him think that until it snows and then fun time is over for him.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
You should show him the numbers from the topic "If you think your sled goes 120 mph you're wrong" in the General forum.  It's on the second page right now.  Just look at those speeds for the mach1 and machZ listed.  And look at any of the polaris numbers.  It's sad.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Make sure you get him to bet something expensive...

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Never lay the slips on the line!!!!! I had a friend do this up north and he came home without a sled !!!
 His sled was way faster zert800 extremely worked vs machz stock. But his clutch didn't engage properly and bye-bye was his sled. He learned the hard way. Atleast he could afford it unlike 99% of us  woulnd't be able to.
Caleb

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I was thinking more along the lines of a Prime Rib dinner or something...you guys are hardcore

·
Registered
625 Posts
Even better yet, when you all are having a beer at the end of the day with the guys, make him stand up and admit that you and your sled are superior, Videotape it too.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
He has the money but it was all ego that day. A little water cost him about $15,000. It had a PSI Genisis motor. But he always commented that others payed to play with him, but he payed to play that day. He still gets mad as #### over it. Worst thing is that for a few years after it he had to see his sled with someone else. The guy wouldn't sell it to him at all. I'll play with the big boys but I'll be damned if i pay the big boys like he did.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Just make sure you can hook up.  I've had many smaller sleds run with me for a while because I couldn't get my mach to hookup.  It's very satisfying to finnally blow by them.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
No kidding if you can't keep traction you're done for if you're overpowered.  My dad's Mach will go 110 but you need a mile to get there because the track spins and spins because he's not running studs.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I am usually pretty cautious about what I say...It is pretty surprising who will outrun you sometimes. A couple friends of mine have been stuffed pretty bad by machines that they never thought would get past them. Last season I raced a mach Z on my SRX. I just wanted to see how much he would get me by, to my surprise I took him by about a sled length. I don't think an SRX should beat a Mach Z...there must have been a catch to the situation, but thats beside the point. The point is when I asked him to race he laughed and made a few choice comments. We made three runs and each one ended the same. After the last run he just drove off without a wave. The point is he made a fool out of himself by opening his mouth. If this is a friend of yours atch what you say because you won't be able to drive off and pretend it didn't happen like this guy did. Not that I actually think he is going to beat you but I just thought I would throw my 2 cents in.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
A properly tuned, clutched Polaris 700 with VES might just send you packing for 660', those sleds run very well.   Don't count it out.  I have seen Polaris 600 XCSP's beat Mach Z's in 660'.  Of course, if you are running 1/4 mile or longer, that would be a different story.  It is all about getting the h.p. to the ground.  If you have 154 h.p. but can't get it to the ground, you are in trouble running against a 600 twin that can.  Good Luck!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Aahh...the voice of reason, I gotta agee. The triples have some inherent problems in 500 and 660` as in there weight becomes very apparent, a good runnin mach will run 5.7`s ,5.8`s a good runnin 700sp will run 5.8`s 5.9`s. Just when you thought you had it made... The tune up will be the deciding factor, not the sleds.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yup the mach suffers from hook up.  

I race my friend SRX all the time.  He will beat me if we are on ice or on loose hard pack.  My sled just spins and then there is no weight transfer and i find my self playing catchup for half the race.

On solid ground i can get my skis of the ground and beat him but a few sled lengths so its all in the launch.  

You got to perfect you launch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts