Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just purchased a 98 Mach Z with Crank Shop pipes. Everything else seems stock.
My elevation is 2000 feet.
I don't know if the previous owner has the carbs jetted properly and I want to make sure I am not running lean.

Can anyone suggest a starting point for me to set the jets with the pipes at 2000 feet?
I would rather run a little rich and be safe if need be.

As well would there be a better plug to run other than the stock NGK BR10-ES with the pipes?

thanx in advance
:)

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Well if your Mach Z is still equipped with the stock TM 38s it should have 330 main jets on the PTO & MAG carbs and 340 in the centre. I would go 2 sizes richer across the board and make sure your using a stock air box with these stats. Also check that the jet needles are still sporting their plastic shims under the c-clips. A better plug would be a BR10EIX (Iridium) gapped at .018"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the help,
so run a 350/360/350 assuming I am at sea level?

As ride at 2000 ft would 320/330/320 sound about right?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I looked at the High altitude tables for your sled and stock jetting for 2000 Ft says PTO 300 Centre 310 MAG 300 at -20C (-4F). so richer for that altitude will be the sea level jetting if that's what you have already. To be safe though (jets are cheaper than pistons) go with the 350 360 350 and test at correct altitude.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts