Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering about some of the symptoms of a defective stator, i have heard of these parts going bad on this particuliar model. does the sled not rev to its max rpm? does it become hard to start/ etc,....i am experiencing these problems and was wondering where i should start. i just pulled the clutches and found some extremly worn buttons. the bushings were ok(in spec) and the springs were ok(im GUessing)i cleaned the clutches and put new buttons in and retourqued the spring settings to spec, havent gotten a chance to try it out hopefully it cures the problem...anyideas???

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
When your stator dies so does your sled. I was on my 99 mach1 dooin about 70mph and the sled just shut down and slowed to a stop. Had to get towed 50 miles by a summit :cussing: Sounds like the clutch to me M2C

·
Registered
692 Posts
have two buds who run machs and both went through stators! same as perm said just stoped on the trails!
perm at least it was a ski doo in front of you for 50 miles! :p

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The stators are a knowen problem, but so is the wiring under the engine, it can give you a intermittent problem. Only way to check it is pull the engine out.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i agree stators are a problem i have burnt 2 one each winter both at the end when it was getting mild and both were after speed runs....heat mabe. i even emailed bomd. and they emailed me back saying they did not have an update for that and that i should see my dealer to see what he could do......lol unreal huh.. the 98`s had a bunch of problems with them one was either jetting or plugs . as for the low rpm it most likely would be in the clutching.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi Ski-Doo men,

i have a Z 98 with 24,500 milles.Never change the stator.Probably because all my wiring were checked when i buy my sled in 97.All the problem with plugs come with overich mixture of gazoline and ski-doo did a recall.For a Z ,try Champion plug they are far better than the factory plug!!
Each year check the magneto male and female plug on the right side of the engine.Heat from tuned pipe can break it .Just to mask this connector with aluminum foil to protect from heat!!

Bye! Take care! Z36Qc :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts