Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyuone have any ideas why the fuel pump would just turn on and stay on even with the key out? If the battery is hooked up and the fuse in in place the pump turns on???? It is not a relay or the pump I have figured so far. I have traced wires back to the ecu and not broken or shorted......ECU led does not blink any codes.....but power to the pump is constant? ECU bad?

·
10,054 Posts
could also be a bad pump. I would disconnect the wires and just put a jumper wire between the ecu and the pump to double check for no shorts,,, If you know the voltage coming from the ecu to the pump, get a light bulb at a local radio shack and hook it into the jumped wires off the ecu. If the light stays on, the ecu would be the problem. If it doesnt, then my money would be on the pump. Give it a shot and see what you come up with. Good luck
Brian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could also be a bad pump. I would disconnect the wires and just put a jumper wire between the ecu and the pump to double check for no shorts,,, If you know the voltage coming from the ecu to the pump, get a light bulb at a local radio shack and hook it into the jumped wires off the ecu. If the light stays on, the ecu would be the problem. If it doesnt, then my money would be on the pump. Give it a shot and see what you come up with. Good luck
Brian[/b]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts