Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted one of these for quite a while,and was wondering if these are good sleds.I was curious how they were on the trail,etc.
Does anyone have any nice pics of this sled?? I'd love to see them!

·
Registered
720 Posts
great sleds, still. The 99's had some updates that made them better, but the 98's are still good. They always ran crisp and got good milage. As far as how the go down the trail? not what they are made for. The center of grav is tall and the 37" stance tippy for the trail, great in the powder. They will downhill flood and flood when rolled, you can use the 99 float arms or mod your 98s to hepl but not solve the problem. Clearing them out is called rotaxersize. The sc10mt tranfers weight well and is ok slow through the bumps but go fast you'll be wishing for coupling, stiffer valved shocks help, but then the low speeds are harsh.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
A little close to the edge there arent we bonzi :0: , nice pic though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I was thinking the same thing JW, makes my hands sweaty just looking at the pic. What a view though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The '98X sucks in the bumps, period. On smooth trails they are lightning fast and a blast to ride.

Modding the float arms to the '99 levels cured any issues I ever had with flooding. My sled is upside down all the time and I can always start it within 5 pulls when righted. It's all in the technique and good upper body fitness...LOL..

I love my X and consider a used one the ultimate cheap mtn. sled. You can buy one for $2500 to $3000 and keep up with a lot of the new sleds. They also have huge mod potential and lots of parts availability.

I have less than $750 into converting mine to a 159 track....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts