Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm shopping for my first snowmobile since my dad's '76 elan skidoo. Things have changed a little since then. I wanted to hear folks feedback on the 98 Venture 700. The forum seems to endorse this machine - particularly seeing as I will be using this on the lakes and trails, and potential back country skiing access.

Specifically I wonder of the km vs asking price. The machine I'm eyeing up has 2400 km and the seller wants 4500 CAD. I realize the kms are low, but seems a fairly high price... what does your experience suggest? Everything seems to be in good to excellent condition. (new 1-3/4" track, everything else original)

I also discovered in the forums 2 recalls on this machine (starter ring being loose and the clutch ring, if gold, needs to be changed out to a green one). The threads suggest that this is covered by Yahama... am I wishfully reading into this - or is that common yamaha knowledge ;) And does that transfer to whomever the current owner is??

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions!

Regards,
AJ

·
Registered
15 Posts
The starter ring gear was a factory fix should have already been done. Had the same sled ( green ) you will love the power of the 700. Best improvement is replace the factory steel skis. Sold mine sled 3 years ago in Ontario for the same price. Yes that is a little high 2700.00 would be the max in my books .

A great sled

Regards HK

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
high price but great sled

1 - 4 of 4 Posts