Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you guys out there have ever done anything with an xc 600 twins. I've got a clutch kit, y pipe, reeds and reed spacers, boost bottle, and throttle pack on it so far. It's pretty quick but I'm looking at maybe getting into the motor a little. Can I put 700 cc pistons and jugs on the 600 block. I don't think you can bore the cyliders because they are nikasil coated right? Let me know guys, I got some buddies with 700's that need to be shut up this year. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Just wondering if any of you guys out there have ever done anything with an xc 600 twins. I've got a clutch kit, y pipe, reeds and reed spacers, boost bottle, and throttle pack on it so far. It's pretty quick but I'm looking at maybe getting into the motor a little. Can I put 700 cc pistons and jugs on the 600 block. I don't think you can bore the cyliders because they are nikasil coated right? Let me know guys, I got some buddies with 700's that need to be shut up this year. Thanks![/b]
i had a 98 RMK 700 with a 600 in it. by the time i was all said and done it killed the 700. it had an SLP sinlge pipe, hotseat powerdome heads, pod filters, clutching mods, vforce reeds, MBRP race can, big wheel kit and a ton of ohter junk. as for you can bore it thats not true. you can bore it and re nikasil the cyliders. 660 is a great motor with you really want to spend the money but personally i wouldnt for that old of sled. powerdome heads are a great mod though. and and slp pipe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts