Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i recently bought a 98 xc 700 thats pretty much stock with the exception of a boost bottle and 144 studs. i was wondering if anyone has or knows of any inexpensive mods for it

·
Registered
468 Posts
CLUTCH IT I HAVE A EXCELLENT KIT FOR THAT YEAR OF XC 700 ,NEXT TIME I GO TO MY GARAGE I WILL GET THE #'S AND TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED,IT WORKED AWESOME,MY 98 WAS THE BEST POLARIS I HAVE EVER HAD IT WENT LIKE A BLITCH :devil:

·
Registered
468 Posts
OK I FINALLY GOT THEM.I HAVE TWO DIFERENT KITS FOR THE 98 TO 2001 XC 700 .THE FIRST IS A HOT SEAT KIT IT HAS D2 HEAVY HITTER WEIGHTS,38X HELIX FROM HOT SEAT WHICH IS A 50/38,A HOT SEAT SILVER PRIMARY SPRING AND A HOT SEAT BLACK SECONDARY SPRING.THE SECOND KIT IS ALSO HOT SEAT PARTS BUT BUILT FOR ME BY A RACER,THEY PERFORM PRETTY MUCH THE SAME I COULDN'T FEEL ANY DIFFERENCE.IT HAS E WEIGHTS WHICH ARE 60 GRAM WEIGHTS FROM POLARIS THEY WOULD BE 10-60B WEIGHTS A 38 HELIX FROM HOT SEAT WHICH IS A 52/38,A HOT SEAT BLACK PRIMARY ,AND A HOT SEAT ORANGE SECONDARY. I HAD THE SECOND KIT ON MY 98 XC 700 AND IT WAS AWESOME.THE FIRST KIT I HAD ON MY 2000 XC 700 SP WHICH I ORDERED DIRECT FROM HOT SEAT,I DIDN'T FEEL IT MADE AS MUCH DIFERENCE ON MY 2000 AS THE 98 BUT BASICALLY I THINK THE POWER WAS THE SAME BUT THE POWER COMES ON SMOOTHER ON THE 2000 700,THEY ARE BOT HGREAT AND BELIEVE ME YOU WILL NOTICE A HUGE DIFFERENCE ESPECIALLY ON THE 98.I AM LOCATED IN SOUTHERN SASK AND I WILL SELL THESE KITS .I STILL HAVE MY 2000 XC 700 BUT .I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTING A PRO-X 700 THIS YEAR OR MAYBE A EDGE -X 700 BUT STILL WAITING ON SOME MORE SNOW.LAST WINTER I PICKED UP A WRECKED 98 XC 700 AND REPAIRED IT AND TRIED BOTH KITS ON THE SAME SLED THEY WERE PRETTY CLOSE AND ARE BASICLLAY THE SAME EVEN THOUGH THEY DON'T SOUND LIKE IT .FROM HOT SEAT THEY ARE $200.00 US .I WILL SELL MINE FOR $200.00 CANADIAN .YOU CAN GET NEW ONES FROM HOT SEAT IF INTERESTED .CALL EM AT (651)982-0600 IN FOREST LAKE MN. OR I CAN GET EM FOR YOU .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts