Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to replace the upper and lower radius rods on the sled. The question is on the tie rod ends for the lower radius rods that bolt to the center on the chasis. There is a bracket that is rivet to the belly pan that the two bolts go through, also there is a spacer that is a rectangle with two holes for the bolts. the queston is does it go on the motor side with the lock nuts or does it go on one side or the other on the tie rod ends. I think it goes on the tie rod ends.

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I will look tomarrow night for you when I get my sled back if this hasn't already been awnsered

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sorry bud, but your in big trouble

The part you are refering to is called the "lower pan brace" This braket is an after thought from polaris to enable the rider to lift the sled from the front bumper without damaging the belly pan. It is riveted on the inside to a braket that supports the bumper.

Even if you succeed to remove the rivets, you do not have enough room to remove the bolts from the chassis. They can't go from the inside because they are also too long to fit between the suspention frame and the belly pan.

They way the sled was assemble is to enter these bolts at the same time you assemble the belly pan. They go through from the radius rod to the inside and have self locking nuts (3/4 or 7/8 - can't remember off hand)

What you could do unstead is to remove the radius rods by unthreading them from the tie rod ends. Since the rod ends are held by this braket just screw in the new ones.

Just currious, how did you remove the old bolts, you would have had to pry the space between the belly pan where the suspension come down, I bet that pan must have had to deflect 1-2 inches?

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts