Snowmobile World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked it up, I've been out of the game for awhile. What are the problems with these sleds, what are the strong points. Its bone stock, what would you reccomend doing first, second etc for mods? Thanks!

·
Registered
708 Posts
You did not state how many miles it has so its hard to tell you what you should do. But for starters I would go over it and check and adjust everthing from the track tension to all fasteners. Clean and or get clutch rebuilt along with a new belt. Change oil in chain case and adjust tension. Clean carbs and install new plugs. As far as mods go I would start with studs "144 min". If there are a few miles on it it would be a good thing if they have not been already done to rebuild the shocks. Other than that If it is'nt broke leave it be.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
What he said....
The only thing I would add to that would be if it won't go fast enough, get a bigger one.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it has 8XX miles on it. It hadn't been run much last year at all (only one time out) I would love to stud it but with the gay MN laws I can't run it on the three major trails closet to my house and two of them don't have alts. I didn't know about a booster bottle or things like that. What do you guys think of the stock pipes?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
They are great machines but the only thing i can say and this my personal opinion im not fussy on the look of the aggresive style chassis, but some love it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Absolute dream sled you bought. I have dragged them on ice, then converted it to a cross country racer, absolute dream machine.

There are several problems from the OEM that need to be worked out. I have done all the testing and research on this sled last season.

- mid range is too fat, slight bog between 5400-5900
- reed tension is too high to get good bottom end
- low RPM intake is too restrictive
- transfer ports don't match for all jugs
- spark timing too conservative
- mains are slightly too fat (unless you advance the timing)
- Pilots are too lean (go from a 40 to a 45)
- needle taper is too thin

Compression should be around 127 psi

I have gone through extensive testing in my shop to develop the perfect cross country racer.

If you want specifics on the tests, dyno charts, set-ups, email me at [email protected]

I will be out of the country for the next few days, I can help you out starting 02 sept.

A good starting point is to do the following,

-Fett Bros reed spacers
-"Carbon tech" mid tension reeds (boyesen reeds are OK also)
-# 45 pilots at about 2-3/4 turn air screw
-Spark timing advance 2 deg
-Needle in #4 position
-360-360-360 mains
-I suggest a good trail port job from fett bros to match your transfer ports

- I will be testing the UFO's this season, this will drastically change the jetting specs I gave you

good luck

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Suggestions on skies?[/b][/quote]

Isn't it the consensus that C&A Pro skis are the best?  ( I assume you meant skis or skiis but not skies..)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts