Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
in deep snow conditions the powder takes it on a lake the zrt its just the way they are built :p

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The zrt of course.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Originally posted by BGTRK19472@Nov 20 2002, 03:38 AM
in deep snow conditions the powder takes it on a lake the zrt its just the way they are built :p
Deep snow and slush on the lake :D

Who wins :hallo1:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Win what? A drag, a hill climb, lake run, ....
Seriously, you're talking about a 20hp difference between the two. I think that's what PH is getting at.

16 Posts
I kno from experience when i raced my friend's ZRT 600, and i was on my Powder Special 600 which killed the ZRT!!! The 600 have so much power in general they just spin the track, and the extra lenght that the PS have make a night and day differance, when they hook up offf the line, and the powder specail will always take the wholeshot off the line. Plus the exta length helps to keep the down the front which keeps more track planted on the ground. When i raced the ZRT we were on a lake and we went for over a mile, and we both maxed out the speedometers, and when we came near the end i had a HUGE lead on him, at no point did he ever have a chance, and he admited that. He then clamed that i jumped the start, so we did it again and the samething i won, and he thought that the second time we went was a fair start. Plus when we went back to look at the "skid" marks, i locked on the brakes about 10 feet after he did, and stoped about 2/3's sooner then he did, so in stopping the PS stopped better too. Then we switched sleds, him coming up with every excuse why he lost, saying it wasn't 100% fair,and when we did him on the PS won and me on the ZRT i lost, very badly. Then we did it for a final time he gave me(on the ZRT) a couple second head start , then he(on the PS) went and he again bet me, still by a ton of sled lengths. All-In-All the PS won. This winter we are going to try a trail run, which incorporats handeling into the picture, i'm feeling good about that too. While doing all these drags we went through about alittle more the a 1/3 on a tank of gas. HOPE THIS HELPS. IF YOU HAVE AN QUESTIONS JUST ASK!!!

PS-He(the ZRT) even had aftermarket reeds

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yet again, we are not comparing apples to apples. Again, way to may variables...

This happens WAY to much on this site. :cussing:

Even funnier is that the older efi's were dogs when compared to the carbed models.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Something was VERY wrong with that ZRT. Not saying you didn't beat him, but he definitly wasn't set up correctly, aftermarket reeds or not. ESPECIALY if you raced for anything over 1000'!!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
You buried the needle on a 600 twin with a stock 2 inch x136 track :blahblah:

NEVER EVER EVER going to happen LOL:p

Top speed would be no more then 85mph if that :D

Yes if it was a ZR/ZL with .75/.85 x 121 track it would hit 100mph on speedo

Friend has a 98 ZR600efi

BTW since when does Cat only have a 100mph only speedo Ithought they went up to 120 on speedo?

·
Registered
959 Posts
:withstupid: cat has always had 100 mph speedos not sure why but my money is on the zrt for sure triples rule distance

·
Registered
485 Posts
The `95 I had would eat both them up lunch and have room for second`s period.!!
Ran 114.8 on the black top stock (clucthing ,gearing ,jetting)`60 ft 1.58 more there
11.50 1/4 mile. Enough said.......... Cape Breton stock..........

·
Registered
485 Posts
You had to cheat to beat the `95 zrt 600 to beat it,once it was geared ,jetted and
clucthed it would run with anything out there that was stock.(till I put the D.D triple
race pipes ,reeds,plained head,new motor mounts, )then it was a hand full on the trails
and loved every second of that sound of power) just my 2scents
Cape Breton stock.................................

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
i would think that the zrt should have won, my wifes 600 ps if fast,but my zr 600 on a trail will beat the hell out of it, and when you get that sled up to 70 she is cranking along preatty good.(stock)

·
Registered
277 Posts
For what its worth my brother's 98 powder exterme with large drivers 20/39 gears my clutch set-up .92 lug 136" track would beat my other brother's 98 ext 600 box stock, both ran stock 600 triple engines even with a 55 lb. :thumbsup: lighter rider on the ext, ?????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts