Snowmobile World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here knows of any online stores (US, CA or anywhere else) where I could order a mechanical reverse kit for my 2001 MXZ 700. I talked to a Ski-Doo dealer over here and apparently there's a complete kit available from Bombardier that includes everything needed to install it, even a template for where to drill the hole for the lever. The problem is they're not in stock anywhere and will need to come from wherever they are made.

I'm curious about the price and availability. Over here it'd cost me about 1100 USD, installation not included. I'm wondering if I could save some cash and time by importing a kit myself.

Any tips?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Try Ebay, they surface quite often. There is one at my dealer in a box. I think it may need a new chain and the engagement lever assembly. I will check for you.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try Ebay, they surface quite often. There is one at my dealer in a box. I think it may need a new chain and the engagement lever assembly. I will check for you.[/b]
I found some more information and a part number..
The part number is 860423900, I don't know if this is Bombardiers official part number or just a number that the distributor gave it. I found the kit at Quinn's Marina for $603.20 Canadian. So about half the price of what it costs here!
The problem is they only ship to Canada and the US :(

Here's a pic..

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found another store now :)
SpeedSupplies.com has the same kit for $534.84 US and ships worldwide! Even with all costs (shipping, taxes) included I'll save about $3-400.

Does anyone have any experience with this store?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thumbdoctor, I checked about the chain and according to what I found only some 2000 models need a different chain, so I guess it's bolt-on on mine.

I found a bunch of stores now that I could buy the kit from, SpeedSupplies.com, Cycle-Parts.com, AlsSnowmobile.com, RonniesMailorder.com.
Are any of these well known stores?

I'm also interested in the one your dealer has if the price is right, but it'd need to be shipped to Sweden. In that case if you'd be willing to help out with that part I'd be most thankful :)

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Thumbdoctor, I checked about the chain and according to what I found only some 2000 models need a different chain, so I guess it's bolt-on on mine.

I found a bunch of stores now that I could buy the kit from, SpeedSupplies.com, Cycle-Parts.com, AlsSnowmobile.com, RonniesMailorder.com.
Are any of these well known stores?

I'm also interested in the one your dealer has if the price is right, but it'd need to be shipped to Sweden. In that case if you'd be willing to help out with that part I'd be most thankful :)[/b]
I'll try to get it cheap.. I seem to remember it needing something. The other thing to know is these reverse kits only come with 44 tooth lower gear.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try to get it cheap.. I seem to remember it needing something. The other thing to know is these reverse kits only come with 44 tooth lower gear.[/b]
Thanks in advance for your help :) Please send me a message before you actually buy it so we can discuss payment and what not, once you know the price.
The local dealer said he actually had a kit in stock but it was reserved a long time ago by someone else. But he told me if it was still there after the weekend I could buy it. Still, that doesn't change the fact that it's a lot cheaper over there.

The 44 tooth gear is what's stock, I assume? I'm pretty sure it's stock on mine but maybe I should take a look to make sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts