Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 form dlx with the arm suspension and I changed some bearings on the idler wheels I found bad. I counted the number of turns that the track tension bolts had so that I could put them back at their proper tension but I wondered if it was correct to begin with. The manual says to use a preset guage any tips on anything else you may have used to ensure correct tension. Thanks in advance. And happy sledding.. It is snowing in Ontario today!

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I have a 99 form dlx with the arm suspension and I changed some bearings on the idler wheels I found bad. I counted the number of turns that the track tension bolts had so that I could put them back at their proper tension but I wondered if it was correct to begin with. The manual says to use a preset guage any tips on anything else you may have used to ensure correct tension. Thanks in advance. And happy sledding.. It is snowing in Ontario today![/b]
as loose as possible with no skipping on the drivers, is fast. other than that I would follow the spec.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as loose as possible with no skipping on the drivers, is fast. other than that I would follow the spec.[/b]
Hi and thanks for posting a response. I have never adjusted the tension on a track and I am not sure what the spec is? Do I need to buy the preset guage in the manual? Or can I do a measurement off of the sliders or something? It was really tight when I took it apart.
By no skipping on the drivers I take it that I will hear the skipping on the drivers?

Thanks again for the help!

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Hi and thanks for posting a response. I have never adjusted the tension on a track and I am not sure what the spec is? Do I need to buy the preset guage in the manual? Or can I do a measurement off of the sliders or something? It was really tight when I took it apart.
By no skipping on the drivers I take it that I will hear the skipping on the drivers?

Thanks again for the help![/b]
you will here them and feel them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts