Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
well that depends on the what 500 it is..if it is just the basic Indy 500...the zr will take it all the way...if it is the XC/XCSP you might have a better shot depending on setup...both sleds stock?? if not what are they runnin? what way are you gonna race...grass/snow/asphalt??? more info would be cool...-INDY :thumbsup:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ya i agree with Indy. but it would also depend on who was driving, say my grandma versus me!!! or a 300lb guy versus a 108lb guy. But on another note I have seen a indy 500 run fairly fast if set up properly but if both were dead stock and both riders were nut cases of the same weight I would say the 580 would win!!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
:devil: Well i have to say if it's in 500 to 660 feet that it should be a good drag that being the 500 is clutched up good jetted properly ect will need the 500 running at peak performance. That being if the cat is stock or slightly moddifed but if he's clutched and you'r gona drag race any futher than 660 then all the extra horsepower of the cat will kick in and he'll bet you every time they are case reeded and pump out about 105+ so don't expect to run him over. if you want a good set up for the 500 for 660 i have a 1992 with the same set up email me at [email protected]. hope you bettem

·
Registered
179 Posts
:devil: Hey guy's i said if the 580 zr is bone stock and the 500 is clutched jetted ect then it' might be a drag but if there both clutched or both stock then the 580 will win hand's down. I bett my 1992 indy 500 will beet it in a 500 to 660 drag i got alot of work done and when you do up those little piston port's they can move for a 500 well no matter when they race hope fully they will post the result's and then well know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts