Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of HP is this one putting out? And....can it be jumped!?? :0: I noticed that both the MachZ and Mach1 have more front travel than the mxz I currently own......

Did it have DPM and DESS?

Last edited by Rocketman at Oct 15 2002, 12:20 PM

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi!
"I noticed that both the MachZ and Mach1 have more front travel than the mxz I currently own......" MXZ 670 -97.
Can this be right?

I dont know about the Mach 1, but my Mach Z 99, has DESS, (and RER), but no DPM.

;)

·
Registered
692 Posts
I
i have a 98 that i got going real good last year! as for jumping no clue what i do know is the ck3 will knik between the seat and foot rests if landing on the A$$ end hard! seen it twice .
other than that its a nice sled when you go past those twins at around 80 90 mph.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of fuel mileage do you get with this bad boy :sly:

·
Registered
692 Posts
im really not sure i went up nothe last year and didnt have to ask for fuel others were looking! i didnt wory about it once in over 2000 miles.
i allways have a full tank b/4 i get on to any trail. if i go down below 1/2 when we stop at the bar we fill up.
id have to say 150 miles if i had to guess

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The 99 IMO was the best and the fastest of all the Mach1's built.
Reason's; Flat slide carbs, end dump pipes [like the rest except the 98 pile]
And a oil line going directly to the PTO bearing. It had d.e.s.s. only and I think only the Z had the optional rer. Your looking at about 140 H.P. damm, I miss that short stroke 700!
It had 16" shocks compared to 18" on the 98 so it would handle better on the curves. I sure would like to find a brand new one of those sitting around, I WOULD scarf it up in a heartbeat! :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mikadoo, i have a Mach Z 99 with 2500miles on. Do u have any comments regarding modification that i "must" do to keep the sled running, or will u say its bullet proof?

:)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Formula500, the only real problem the 700 had was the PTO bearing going out, they fixed that with a addition of a direct oil line to it [should have started that in 97]. Other than that, just good summer storage practices and it will last you a good long time. I put 7000 on my 97 and to this day it still runs strong [sold to a friend] it had 150 p.s.i. in all three cyl. at that time and beat many a 800's.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I've owned a 97/98 and a 99 mach 1 . The 99 had a crisper throttle response and handled by far the best. Mine had RER , no dpm. My 97 was the fastest of the bunch but with an SC10 in a Fbody it was the inner ski lift king.

·
Registered
852 Posts
All i can say is jumping any sled is better if you land reasonably flat and any angle away from flat makes it worse, X TEN when weight is factored in,a little bit of angle and bottoming is just around the corner, also all the mid corner bumps that create bump steer your arms have to correct for are amplified, In the rough stuff on a mach your bouncin, breakin bones and well....... just another day for me! If you buy a mach doo some draggin or lake racin.

·
Registered
176 Posts
my 99 mach1 had dess and rer. my buddies 2000 mach1 also has dess and rer wit elect start but no dpm. I saw a 2002 machz at the nh grass drags for 7000$ brand new there were 2or 3 at other tents all way under 8grand but the grapx were ugly IMHO. and it rained as usual :angry: :cussing:

·
Registered
176 Posts
as for the gas mi for the last 5 years i had a 94fz 583 and usualy took the same or more fuel ridding with mostly tripples in the group all doos :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
I probably wouldn't jump it if I was you. Because you might just end up with a
tweaked bulhead and a tunnel. Mine did!. Plus it's got a little weigt to it
also. Just like Mikadoo said, it's got that short stroke which is nice. Pull the
cord about 8 to 10 inches and she fires to life not like some of the twins where
you need to pull your brains out just to get it to sputter.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not REALLY concerned with jumping...I never go huge...but I have to be able to hit a bump without worrying that the chassisis going to break.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
that is one of the problems of the CK3 when it come to my riding syle anyways. Crazy B and others I know of have bent the front bulkhead from hard front hits on the trail.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
blk, Canada is a little far, but please check out the price in U.S. funds and how we could get it across the boarder to Michigan. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Sounds like the CK-3 could benifit with some tunnel stiffners. Would a pair like the pro-x polaris fit or is that not where they bend? :withstupid:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts