Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there guys I have been reading posts for a while and decided to jump in on this fourm.  

I have a weird situation on my MXZ. Get this I am 200 lbs and when I get on my sled and open her up I can usually get about 150km/h. Now when my buddy(150lbs) hops on with me right after on the same day I can get 160km/h out of it. What that about?? Also I hear the new Legend 600 can go like 170 km/h. Why can't my MXZ do that? Gearing?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
At first you scared me.  I that you were talking about a Mach only going 150km.  But then i read the topic and its a MXZ.

Ok.  I have a 600 grand touring that can go 150-160 any day of the week with 2 people on it.  I have also been blown away by a mxz 600.  If your hard pressed to get 150 then you might have a problem.

What kind of snow are you running on.  Hard pack, Ice, Powder, Slush.  Your best bet is hard pack.  

You might want to check the drive belt,  This can really cost you some top end.  Also check bearings in idler wheels,  And if none of that helps check your suspention setup.  You might have way to much weight on the front ski.  (Tighten center shock.)  And if none of that works do a compression check.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
HAHA...what we have here is the explanation of why I can win a race here and there.

I think your problem is basically traction. When you add the second guy on the back, you are getting better weight transfer and therefore better traction. Try a few runs by yourself, but take the ACM nut all the way off. I think you will see a difference!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know I was thinking of doing that after reading all the posts about the ACM. Sounds like that one nut controls alot. Would It be better to take the nut right off or just lossen it right until only a few threds are showing. It's to bad I have to wait until next year to try that adjustment.

Thanx guys

·
Registered
530 Posts
I know that weight makes a big difference on these machines.  When I raced my dad's 00 Mach1 with my 02 MXZ X 600, I beat him without a problem.  Then at about 60 mph he blew by.  My dad weighs about 250, and I weigh about 155.  So from my experience weight is a big difference on these machines.  With my on my sled I got to about 100 give or take a few mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts