Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a 99 mxz 600 with 4500 miles. What's a fair price for a stock sled in good shape? Is that high mileage for that engine? thanks for any help

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well I just baught a completly stock 2000 MXZ 600 with 1100 miles for 4200.00. 4500miles sounds like alot unless ur getting a great price. If you go to nadaguides.com or kbb.com you can get book values for ur sled in ur area. Good luck and the MXZ is great machine regardless of year or milage. Good luck.
Jacked

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply. i think i can get it for around $3000 so it sounds like a good deal, I'm just wondering about the longevity of the motor. I've owned two sleds before, both polaris, but neither had over 3000 miles. is there anything to look out for that will go wrong with that amount of mileage?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well Im not to sure about engine wise, but i would give it the genral look over, like under the tunnel and coolant exchangers, listen to it run, check the plugs in given the oppertunity, ect.. But most important just make sure it doesn't look beat. I'm sure some of the wrench heads can and will give u much more specifics. Good luck again!
Justin

·
Registered
1 Posts
I JUST SOLD MINE, 5900 MILES, FOR $2500. I THINK I GOT MORE THAN IT WAS WORTH. THE ENGINE WAS BULLETPROOF BUT SHOCKS NEEDED WORK, BRAKES, CLUTCH ECT. I WOULD PROBABLY TRY FOR CLOSER TO $2700. THAT'S MY OPINION?????

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have over 7000 miles on mine and no problems. I would recommend that you do a compression test as ome of the 99s had problems with piston scuffing. I would also recommend a coupling kit for the suspension. Great sled.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Don't let the miles scare you. I have 2 buddies that have the exact same sled both well over the 5000 mark, their sleds still run great. Pricewise I would say $2800-$3200 depending on condition.

·
Registered
310 Posts
in unclehenrys there is a 2000 MXZ 600 w/ 2600 miles for $2100 OBO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts