Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding with a buddy today and his 99 mxz600 broke down on the side of the trail.  We found out that what happened was a bearing on the bottom end had gone bad, and seemed to seize the motor. The bearing that seems to have gone bad is on the clutch side.  We noticed that there is 2  possible oil ports are capped from new.  The ports that are blocked would apear to go from the main "T"(which is directly fed from the oil tank)  to the what we believe is the bad bearing which is on the clutch side.

What i am looking for is if anyone knows that these ports should be blocked.  Also what would you do in this occasion?

Also i tried the doo doo microfiche web site and don't seem to work.

Glad i ride a cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just rebuilt mine last week with same problem (98 MXZ), and helped a friend do his also.  I drilled my hole out bigger. I think it was a 7/32 bit.  Also there is a v groove that the oil lays in and then runs down the hole.  Make sure the hole is is open to the bottom of the groove so oil can run down.  My hole was to high and the oil couldn't run down to the bearing.  I also turned my pump up.

·
Registered
171 Posts
the bearing you are speaking of is a sealed unit and comes packed with Isoflex grease from the factory.  I know as i asked my dealer the same question a few years back.  It seems that the new Doos are going to this system instead of oil from the pump.  Perhaps an attempt to reduce oil consumption?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts